Piglets in Space
Oink oink! You’ll be ready to fly into orbit with these tasty, piggie-themed treats. This dish has it all - healthy ingredients, super hydration from the lettuce leaves and it is perfect as dinner or as a snack.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil / spray oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 500g extra lean pork mince
- 8 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 courgette, ends trimmed, grated
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 8 iceberg lettuce (or baby cos) leaves
- Heat the oil in electric pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the pork and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until the mince changes colour and is cooked through.
- Add the mushroom, carrot and courgette, and cook for 2 minutes or until the carrot is tender.
- Add the hoisin sauce and cook for 2 minutes or until the mixture is heated through.
- Spoon the pork mixture evenly among lettuce cups.
Download Recipe (PDF)