Green Sea Monster Soup
Sea monsters are often described as dragons, serpents or beasts that live in deep water. They are beleived to be folklore - or are they? This delicious soup is the perfect home for our seamonster and a great snack to help you stay hydrated and focussed throughout the day.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil / spray oil
- 2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2½ cups vegetable / chicken stock (reduced-salt)
- 1 x 500g bag frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- ¾ cup (150g) ham, chopped into small triangles (for scary teeth).
- Heat oil in electric pan.
- Add onion and garlic and cook slowly until translucent and soft.
- Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Add peas and mint, and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Then blend until smooth.
- Place diced ham in pan, slowly increase heat.
- Brown ham to your liking.
- Remove from heat, set aside, place ham in a small bowl.
- Reheat soup then garnish with ham (scary teeth).