Grab some jars and start layering up fresh, tasty ingredients. These salads are bursting with colours, flavours, and textures. Plus, the recipe divides into four equal servings so it’s easy to get your portion size exactly right. (Makes 16oz/450gm glasses or BYO jar from home of a similar size)
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 cups cooked (100g) soba noodles
- 1 capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen edamame beans, defrosted
- 1 large carrot, peeled, grated
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 slices wholegrain bread, toasted
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 ½ Tbsp soy sauce / fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon / lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Divide dressing equally into 4 then pour each portion into pint-sized jars or glasses.
- Divide soba noodles into 4, and then place into jars.
- Layer remaining ingredients across the jars, ending with toast hair!
- En - joy!