Time to go on an enchanting adventure with this mystical recipe. Once you start you’ll feel the power take hold thanks to its healthy ingredients such as lentils which are loaded with fibre, folate, iron, vitamins and minerals. Who knows… You might also possess the power to grow hairy feet!
- 1 Tbsp oil / spray oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 tsp cumin
- 2 kumara (about 400g), peeled, cut in 2cm cubes (like a small building block)
- 1 1⁄2 cups (250g) red split lentils
- 4 cups vegetable stock (1 Litre)
- 5 cups spinach (80g)
- 4 spring onions, sliced to serve
- 1⁄2 small bunch of coriander, leaves torn, to serve
- Heat the oil in electric pan.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the spices and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the kumara and stir everything together so the kumara is coated in the spice mixture.
- Tip in the lentils and stock.
- Bring the liquid to the boil, then lower heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes until the lentils are tender and the kumara is just holding its building block shape.
- Gently stir in the spinach. Once spinach is slightly droopy, top with the spring onions and coriander to serve.