- PREPARATION TIME 10 MINUTES
- COOKING TIME 20 - 25 MINUTES
this is from the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) recipes page. For more recipes please visit https://www.ais.gov.au/nutrition/recipes
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp tomato chutney
- 3 sheets reduced-fat puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat milk
- 2 tsp poppy or sesame seeds (optional)
- Sweet Chilli Sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line 2 baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Squeeze excess moisture from carrot and zucchini and combine with mince, chives, breadcrumbs and chutney.
- Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways.
- Place 1/6 mince mixture down centre of pastry. Brush edge with milk and roll to enclose
- Slice into 4 pieces and place on tray, seam side down, then repeat with remaining pastry and filing.
- Brush top of each sausage roll with milk and sprinkle with seeds, if desired.
- Bake 20–25 minutes.
- Serve with MAGGI Sweet Chilli Sauce.