- PREPARATION TIME 15 MINUTES
- COOKING TIME 30 MINUTES
HINT: For a quick, no-fuss bolognese sauce, use 500 g lean minced beef; 575 g jar tomato-based pasta sauce; 500 g spaghetti; and a tablespoon of grated reduced-fat cheese. Follow the recipe, cook the mince until browned all over, add pasta sauce and stir well. (You can also add 500 g of frozen stirfry-style vegetables for a more balanced meal.) serve the sauce over pasta with a sprinkle of grated cheese.
- Spray of canola or olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 500 g premium lean beef mince
- 200 g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 825 g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 250 ml (1 cup) MAGGI beef stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g spaghetti
- Spray a large pan with oil and heat.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the beef mince, and cook for about 5 minutes over high heat, or until browned, using a fork to break up the lumps.
- Add the mushrooms, herbs, tomatoes, tomato paste and stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Season to taste.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente.
- Drain and serve topped with the sauce.
- Enjoy with a crispy salad.